Sugar - Setting Up Your Home Page
To create a homepage that looks like the demo homepage, you'll utilize the homepage widget areas.
Go to Appearance > Widgets.
For the slider, click your mouse on the Genesis Slider Widget, and drag it to the Homepage Slider Widget area.
For the featured content, click your mouse on the Genesis Featured Posts widget, and drag it to the Homepage Lower Widget area. To customize this section:
- Give the section a Title.
- Customize the category to show four blog posts.
- Check the button to show featured images, and select the home-lower-featured option in the dropdown.
- Check the buttons to show the post title and show post info.
- Make sure the Post Info content is set to: [post_categories before=""]
- For Content Type, select No Content.
- Make sure you click Save at the bottom of the widget settings.